A lot of us who are trying to lose weight or maintain our losses have spouses that are different than us. I am sure that a few of those differences may have just popped into your mind right now.
One of those differences, as you can see from the picture, is sometimes our spouse is naturally thin. Don’t get me wrong, my wife makes great food choices most of the time and she exercises, but she has never really had a problem like me. Not sure if it is because she isn’t addict to the comfort of food or genetics or what. The reality is that it is up to each person to make a decision to lose weight and keep it off. But hey, a little help never hurt. Anyways, here are a few things that my wife did during and after my weight loss that helped me reach my goal.
- She loved me and never made fun of me when I was fat
- She never tried to force me to lose weight. She did tell me her concerns regarding my health, but never emphasized the fattness.
- She gave me lots of positive encouragement about going to weight watchers.
- She stopped buying the foods that really, really tempted me
- She hid the foods that she loved that I was trying not to eat.
- She exercised with me at least a couple of times per week
- Until I gained enough experience and strength, she allowed me to pick resturants that were “safe”
- She participated in my journey by going to my 10%, goal, and lifetime meetings.
- She reminded me that I was attractive to her before and after.
- She never gave up on me.