I am feeling a bit depressed today. Not horribly, but I am confused and frustrated with my weigh-in results. I gained 3.2 lbs this week. I weigh 188.2 now. My goal is to stay below 185. Last week my weigh-in was canceled and the week before that I also had a gain. So in the last several weeksI think I have gained like 5 lbs or so. This really pisses me off. I reset all my info. on my WW online tracker so that my week would be new. Today is the first day of my WW week now. Here is what I “think” I have been doing for the last three weeks:
- Earning between 50-70 activity points per week.
- Eating all my daily points, all my 35 weekly points, and half or so of my AP’s
- I have started new exercises (skiing) and changed my work out intensity to a higher level (intervals with running and tempo runs)
I hated to see a gain like that last night. I left feeling like a failure but at the same time knowing that I am not a failure. I left thinking, “How can I do this? If I am running and skiing and doing 4 hour runs but still gaining, what and the heck am I supposed to do. Maybe I should just stop exercising a lot and then just stick to my points and do it that way” That just wouldn’t be me though. I have goals and dreams that I am going to accomplish regardless of that damn scale.
This is the way I was thinking. I will not continue to think/walk along in my journey like this, but it was all too real at the moment. So what am I to do?
- Keep track of portion control better
- Eat less of the activity points that I earn. I do know that sometimes I just eat the point because I have the points even though I am not really hungry.
- I will start to enter food into my WW tracker online instead of just entering the points. This should give me a more accurate look at my intake.
I will probably remain a bit down all day long today, but that is normal for me. I have a 6 mile run tonight and I am sure that I will feel good after that. One foot in front of the other and I will get back down to my 185 or lower weight. What a shocker for me this week.