If you would like to subscribe to this blog and be updated on my newest marathons, go HERE.
Running has really been a beneficial thing in my life. I tried time and time again to get started with it to no avail. Finally, once I lost 60 lbs, I went after a lifetime goal of finishing a marathon. My first marathon finish was the 2007 Portland Marathon. The pictures above, in clock-wise order from the top are from the: 200 Portland Marathon, Timberline Trail Marathon, Peterson Ridge 60K, White River 50 Miler, and the Orange County Marathon.
Since October 2007 I have finished the:
- 2007 (Oct.) Portland Marathon
- 2007 (Nov.) Seattle Marathon
- 2007 (Dec.) Christmas Marathon
- 2008 (Jan.) Orange Country Marathon
- 2008 (Feb.) Jed Smith 50K (30 miles)
- 2008 (March) Easter Marathon
- 2008 (April) Peterson Ridge 60K (37 miles)
- 2008 (May) Strolling Jim 4o miler
- 2008 (July) White River 50 miler
- 2008 (Sept) Timberline Mountain Marathon
- 2008 (Oct.) Portland Marathon
- 2009 (Feb) Valentines Marathon
Doing these races is probably one of the greatest accomplishments in my life. Audrey really helped get to the finish line in all of these races. Not only did she help during most of the races, she ran with me all the time while I got ready for them. It was a great time to talk with each other. I am also pretty proud that I made it into the Marathon Maniacs club. You have to run at least 3 marathons in 3 months to qualify. Running is a great way to escape, get fit, and feel good. I must admit though, running at mile marker 37 at the 50 miler was pretty tough. Great life experience. I learned that a person can endure far more than they ever imagined. Also remember that I started out only being able to ride a stationary bike for 12 minutes. If you want to get started with health and running check this out