This weekend I had a 20 miler to do. I was to run the first ten at my long run pace and the second ten at my marathon race pace. It was a routine long run. I have done it many many times just as it was scheduled. This time I just could not do it. I ran one mile and was feeling completely exhausted. I felt really bad about not doing it. My coach even told me not to force it and to just do it next weekend but I felt horrible. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired. Even that one mile was totally difficult to finish. Here is why I think it might have been so hard:
- I stayed up until 1 am the night before. This is very late even though I still got 7 hours of sleep.
- I have not been eating well lately. Lots of sugar. Sugar is bad and short lived.
- I have not been getting much sleep in genereal each day.
- I have wokred A LOT in my yard while still getting in all my workouts.
- I have just not been doing WW that good lately.
I hope to get this 20 miler in today but I am not sure if I will. It just might not work out.