Today I am choosing to REMEMBER! On my way to work I stopped to get my morning coffee (which I am going to hopefully stop soon) and the powerful urge to get a donut or a pepperoni hit me. I have developed some bad habits in hermitville. But today I remembered why I started this health journey. I remembered how it makes me feel to eat donuts on the way to work in my car all by myself so nobody sees. I remembered how proud I was of myself when I was eating better, not perfect, but better. So today’s motto is REMEMBER WHY!
Here is why I first started and continue on my journey.
- I was starting to breathe hard just getting out of bed.
- I had a very hard time to get my shoes on.
- I felt like shit about myself because I was not living according to the way I really wanted to.
- Being overweight was like being in an emotional tumble drying, my mind constant knocked me around about it.
- I lived more secretively because I was afraid to be honest about my eating.
- I was more afraid of rejection and that caused a lot of the secretiveness which in turned only caused weight gain.
- I wanted to feel good about the way I was living.
- I wanted to run a marathon someday.
- I wanted to be fit and healthy so that normal activities would be WAY easier.
So those are the things I am rememering today. What is it that brought you to the starting line of your own journey? Are they all physical things like skinny jeans, small shirts, flat stomach, etc? Or were some of them emotional and mental things that brought you to toe the line for the first time or possibly again?
There is no shame at trying again. There is honor in it though. EVERYBODY who succeeds has had to try again. Mess ups happen, it might be a little easier to get back on track if you remember why you wanted to start this journey in the first place.