I tend to be pretty organized when I go for the really long runs. I am pretty relaxed when it comes to a marathon for some reason, but any distance more than that always brings me to a very organized preparation prior to the race or long run. I wanted to show you some pictures of my stuff before I left for the White River 50 Miler.
So here is all my stuff that I will use just prior and during my 50 miler. Here is the list because you can’t really see all of it very well in the picture. It is to bright:
- One bottle of poweraide for breakfast 3 hours before race
- 2 Powerbar Nut Naturals bars for breakfast before race. I only eat 1.5
- 12 hammer gels for during the race (1,080 calories)
- 6 bags of perpetuem with two servings in each bag (3,360 calories)
- 6 rolls of multi-symptom rolaids in-case stomach issues pop up during the run.
- One jar of vapo-rub for use before the race to prevent chafing.
- Three separate bags containing vapo-rub for use during the race if needed
- Three labeled and disposable plastic bags to put my drop bag stuff into.
- 20 bandaids. 2 for each nipple, 2 for each foot, and 4 for each drop bag just in-case.
- Two water bottles
- 36 capsules of Endurolytes by hammer nutrition. Three per hour taken during the race
- Running shorts with pockets
- Running shirt
- 4 safety pins
This is the basic list of stuff I used during the actual run. This is my normal stuff.
So this picture shows my treats that I bought for post-race. Here is how I use this stuff:
- 1 bottle of regular coke for directly after finish. What a refreshing sugary caffiene yumminess.
- 3 bottle of poweraide for the drive home
- One bottle of diet coke usually for when I am taking a shower after the race.
- One bag of “hint of lime” chips for after and before the race during the drive.
- 2 powerbar nut naturals for anytime
- I “heart healthy” nut mix for snacking during the drive.
- 1 pack of beef jerky for the drive home
- Three gallons of water for a possible shower after the race but before I get to a real shower.