Well, here I go again. I am going to go for it this year too. I am putting my goal schedule up on the blog as a way to motivate me to achieve these finishes. I have no time goals for these races. I just want to finish comfortably and safely. I believe I can do that. It is not as crazy as last year, and I won’t be training as much either; but this is a good thing since I am trying to learn balance. Oh and by the way, the pic to the right is the logo for my favorite of all races: The Strolling Jim 40 miler. It is in a tiny town called Wartrace, Tennessee. It usually has from 50-70 runners in all and it is done on the back asphalt roads in the country.
So at the request of a fellow ultra runner who lives in my area, I am going to display my schedule of events. I will keep you posted on the results and if I accomplish these goals. I will probably not do the races labeled maybe, but if I am feeling extra good and time permits I might do them.
- January: Training only
- February: Valentine Marathon
- March: Whidbey Island Marathon
- April: Training only
- May: Strolling Jim 40 miler
- June: Pacific Crest Marathon (maybe)
- July: White River 50 Miler
- August: Break time & easy running
- September: Timberline Marathon (maybe)
- October: Portland Marathon #3
- October: Autumn Leaves 50K/50Miler (maybe)
- November: Seattle Marathon
- December: Break time, heal up, easy exercise, “I’m tired”
There you have it. Also, check out this runner. She is pretty cool. http://runningfarstrong.blogspot.com/